Sarasota Estate Auction reaches an international audience and showcases the unique, rare, and beautiful in dozens of categories, including Fine art, Sculptures, Furniture, Asian antiques, Porcelain, Silver, decorative arts and many others through its Global Online Platforms. Drawing on the expertise of its specialists and its personalized service, Sarasota Estate Auction works with individuals, institutions, and estate settlement professionals to attract outstanding items from across the United States, and the world.
Sarasota Estate Auction is located in beautiful Sarasota, Florida and offers its customers worldwide, “anywhere” access to its sales through the real-time, Live Auctioneers, Invaluable, Auctionzip and Bidsquare online bidding services.
Buyer’s Premium for in-house bidders is 18% and all online bidders is 21%.
Our next upcoming auction will be held on Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 11:00 am ET. Please call us at (941) 359-8700 to confirm hours.
In-House Preview will be held the week before at the time and dates below.
(8.7.17) Monday 10:30 am – 4:30 pm ET
(8.8.17) Tuesday 10:30 am – 4:30 pm ET
(8.9.17) Wednesday 10:30 am – 4:30 pm ET
(8.10.17) Thursday 10:30 am – 4:30 pm ET
(8.11.17) Friday 10:30 am – 4:30 pm ET
(8.12.17) Saturday 10:30 am – 2:00 pm ET
Auction Terms and Conditions
Terms and Condition Bullet Points
• All items are sold as-is where-is and no guarantees are made of any kind.
• All sales are final, no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
• We DO NOT SHIP IN HOUSE, but recommend local shippers to assist you. (List at bottom of conditions)
1) Sarasota Estate Auction Agreement: By registering to bid for this auction and/or placing a bid in this auction the BIDDER/BUYER agrees to all the terms and conditions stated below and by doing so constitutes a binding contract between Sarasota Estate Auction and the bidder/buyer.
2) Terms: All items are sold “AS-IS, WHERE-IS.” Sarasota Estate Auction makes no guarantee, warranty or representation expressed or implied as to the quantity, kind, size, quality, weight, or description of any of the property or its fitness for any use or purpose whatsoever. All items are available for your examination prior to bidding. Your bidding will signify that you have examined the items as fully as you desire, or that you have chosen not to examine them. In addition to descriptive information, each item in the catalog sometimes includes a price range which reflects opinion as to the price expected at auction. In other instances, estimate prices can be obtained by calling Sarasota Estate Auction at 941-359-8700. The Estimate Prices are based upon various factors including prices recently paid at auction for comparable property, condition, rarity, quality, history and provenance. Estimates are prepared well in advance of the sale and subject to revision. Estimates do not include the buyer’s premium or sales t
• Any property purchased by credit\debit card, wire transfer, or check shall not be refundable, returnable, or exchangeable, and that no credit to buyer’s account will be issued under any circumstances. The last sentence constitutes Sarasota Estate Auction official policy regarding returns, refunds, and exchanges where credit or debit cards are used.
3) Payment: All major credit/debit cards, wire transfers, cashier’s check, and PayPal will be accepted during and after the sale. Payments must be completed by 5:00 PM within 10 business days following each auction or the bidder will have a dispute placed against them.
• Buyer’s Premium: Sarasota Estate Auction has a 18% in-house buyer’s premium added to the hammer price of all sold items. Online bidders have a 21% buyer’s premium added to the hammer price of all sold items.
• Buyer is/are responsible for the removal of all your purchases. Sarasota Estate Auction does not deliver.
4) Tax: Florida State sales tax (7%) will be applied to all in house invoices and any online invoices where the bidder resides in Florida. A completed tax exemption certificate is required at time of registration for all buyers who wish to qualify for tax exemption. Buyer is responsible for payment for all successful bids. Any item not paid for by the deadline may be returned to the sales floor and will be eligible for resale.
• All taxes assessed or imposed by the United States, the State of Florida, or any other government entity on this transaction will be paid by the buyer direct to the agency due, if applicable.
5) Failure to pay for your purchases or shipping through third party may result in forfeiture. In either case, your name may be removed from the mailing list. In addition, future bids from those bidders not in compliance with the Terms and Conditions of sale may not be accepted by Sarasota Estate Auction.
6) When registering in person, registering for phone/absentee bidding or bidding online, bidder confirms that they have read the auction terms and conditions and that they agree to abide by all the auction terms and conditions. Your signature on our Bid Form or acceptance of these terms through any online bidding platform constitutes permission to charge successful bids to credit cards if payment is not received within 5 days of the auction.
7) Phone Bidding: In our opinion, cellular phones do not always have dependable service, and we recommend phone bidding reservations be made on land lines. We make every effort to honor all absentee and phone bid reservations, but we are not liable for any losses incurred as a result of failure to execute absentee bids or failed phone reservations.
8) Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any property before the sale and shall have no liability whatsoever for withdrawal of property.
9) Refund Policy: All items are sold “AS IS” and there will be no returns based on condition. The items sold are often of considerable age and will exhibit wear, usage and damage often not listed in the catalog entry. The absence of condition remarks in the catalog entry DOES NOT mean the item is in perfect condition. Prospective buyers are in ALL CASES responsible for determining the physical condition of lots. Condition reports are available upon request from auction house. However, neither Auctioneer, his or her employees or agents is authorized to make on Auctioneer’s behalf or on that of the Consignor any representation or warranty, oral or written, with respect to any property. If Sarasota Estate Auction offers a refund for an item, buyer is responsible for all shipping charges incurred and Sarasota Estate Auction does not reimburse for shipping costs. Buyer is also responsible for shipment of item back to auction before refund will be offered. Therefore, if a prospective bidder has not examined the property to their satisfaction before the sale, or his/her agent has not inspected the property, Auctioneer recommends that they not bid on the property. All dimensions are approximate.
10) Jewelry: Sarasota Estate Auction makes no warranty or guarantee whatsoever regarding the jewelry, its colored stones, diamonds, other gem materials, or metals, or as to their status as natural, treated, “earth mined”, manmade or other. Appraisals, descriptions, photographs, are offered as a service and are not intended to be a complete analysis of the qualities and conditions of the jewelry. All identifications, information, weights, quality, cut, value and other estimates, are opinions, limited by examination and grading the mountings, the condition and cleanliness of the items. All gems, colored stones, diamonds, “cultured or natural pearls, fresh water, south sea, Tahitian pearls”, and other materials used in jewelry, may be enhanced by a variety of treatments.
11) Damages: Buyer assumes full responsibility for any and all items when the hammer falls. Sarasota Estate Auction shall have no liability for any damage to property left on sire after the date of sale.
12) Purchased items not picked up from our auction house or that have not had shipping arranged within 15 business days of the auction will be assessed a storage fee of $5.00 per day, per item, until 90 calendar days have accrued at which point the item becomes abandoned. See below.
13) Abandoned Property: Unless prior arrangements have been made, any lot(s) remaining at Sarasota Estate Auction for more than 90 calendar days after the auction purchase date will be considered abandoned and will be resold at auction to off-set the storage fees. Sarasota Estate Auction is not obligated to notify the winning bidder that the abandoned lot(s) will be resold at auction.
14) This agreement shall be administered in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida and any dispute will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the provincial courts and the federal courts sitting in the The State of Florida.
15) SHIPPING INFORMATION
• Sarasota Estate Auction IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING. All shipping will be handled by the winning bidder. Sarasota Estate Auction recommends obtaining shipping quotes before bidding on any items in our auctions. If you are interested in obtaining any information on local shippers, please send us an email and we will kindly send you a list of local shippers. Once payment for an item has been paid to the auction house we release the items to the shippers we recommend on the invoice immediately unless otherwise noted by the buyer. Refunds are not offered under any circumstances base on shipping issues, this is up to the buyer to arrange this beforehand.
• UPS Store 6311
• UPS Store 4074